Walmart: In the year 2017, it bought Flipkart with only one intention, to boost profitability by seeding a B2B cum B2C E-commerce. It was the year when US-based wholesale commerce giant, Walmart showed a keen interest in digital tools and tactics. Businesses that once focused on the bulk distribution of products to other businesses via a physical store are either competing with the revolutionized, profit-hungry E-commerce firms or joining hands with them making way for wholesale E-commerce.
What exactly mean by Wholesale E-Commerce and a B2B business?
- It’s a platform where small & medium business owners make bulk orders online.
- It ensures a convenient, consistent, and prompt supply of products from the manufacturers.
- It denotes the online order transactions between businesses adding to their buying efficiency for wholesalers, manufacturers, distributors, and other B2B sellers.
A 3-year-old survey found that 48% of national and international companies are conducting up to 74% of all corporate purchases online. While 23% of companies do more than 75% of their purchases online.
Needless to say, that the percentage of companies relying on a wholesale E-commerce platform for making purchases has only been increasing with the passing days.
Ever since the first pandemic, the world has realized the true potential of E-commerce businesses. Not only customers but businessmen also want a steady and convenient supply of their goods minimizing the utilization of time, resources, and paperwork.
Alongside, people have also acknowledged the need of eliminating physical interaction and the countless calls with aggressive salespersons. The migrating B2B commerce has also enabled small vendors to reach the global customer community by utilizing digital marketing tools and an E-commerce platform.
- According to a research and advisory company named Forrester, any businessman big or small can easily raise demand and meet those demands using online tactics that negates the involvement of a middleman, the B2B E-commerce industry in the United States will reach a whopping $1.8 trillion by the end of 2023.
- The industry is expected to grow 10% annually over the coming period. Additionally, it accounts for nearly 17% of the overall B2B sales in the country.
The research is a clear indicator that the B2B wholesale E-commerce business is spreading like a wildfire.
Here are the top 5 wholesale E-commerce businesses in the US:
- Sunrise Wholesale: It is a highly rated drop shipping supplier that started back in 1999. Based in California, U.S, the company sells a huge variety of products.
- Barebelly: - Founded in 2004, and it’s a Wholesaler cum drop shipper, deals in a variety of products that are made available for bulk orders online.
- National Drop shippers: - Founded in 2002, National Drop shippers provide apparel, cellphones, cooking utensils, Kitchen accessories, luggage, fragrance, and mugs to other businesses. The company is based out of New Hampshire.
- ASI Partner: - It was founded in 1987 in California. Its bulk distribution of IT supplies and software products spread across 13 warehouses located in the US and Canada.
- Tele Dynamics: - It was founded in 1981 in Texas and hosting over 8000 products of reputed brands across the globe, it is a one-stop shop for all electronics needs of other businesses in the USA.
To know more about their business, connect with JSBlueRidge at https://jsblueridge.com/